The Lone Peak series is one of the most loved shoes on the trail and version 6 stays true to its roots. With a responsive yet plush underfoot feel built on a balanced cushioned system and a roomy toe box, this shoe maintains what trail junkies love about it. Suitable for experienced trail runners and beginner runners alike, you’ll love the underfoot cushioning and flexibility of this shoe, and as with all Altra’s, you will rave about the Foot-Shaped Toe Box. The MaxTrac outsole is extremely grippy and suitable for our local and aggressive mountain faces. The big improvement on previous versions is the new upper designed with strategically placed overlays to create a more secure lock down on the foot, reducing movement on uneven terrain whether climbing up or flying down.
- Altra Ego is a midsole compound designed for high energy return, providing high levels of durability and responsiveness.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Natural Foot Design follows the natural shape of the foot for ultimate comfort.
- Trail Claw outsole design uses a sticky rubber multi-directional pattern, combined with updated lugs under the forefoot and claws under the toes to provide improved grip and stability on trails.
- Stoneguard™ rock plate adds more coverage while using less material.
- MaxTrac Outsole uses anatomically shaped sticky rubber that prioritizes grip and durability on uneven terrain.
- Laser-cut perforations in the upper provide excellent drainage.
- Seamless Upper reduces irritation and provides next-to-foot comfort.
- Gaiter Trap is a velcro strap that secures trail running gaiters to the shoe, preventing debris from building up beneath the shoe (Gaiter sold separately)
- Synthetic Overlays provide long-lasting support.