|Suitable For||Altra Torin 5, MARATHON PACK, Men, Footwear, Road|
|Weight||271g – 300g|
The Torin 5 offers a natural and efficient running experience with its blend of balanced cushioning, foot-shaped toe box and premium cushioning.
This glorious shoe is for luxurious all day running comfort for the long distance runner. If you’re familiar with Altra you will already know about their legendary Foot-Shape toe box, but apart from that this is latest shoe has a LOT of upgrades. The midsole is now an EGO midsole (which Altra has used before in their top selling Escalante line), but the Torin 5 features a new EGO MAX midsole, which is slightly firmer and more responsive for a strong cushioned shoe. The shoe is ideal for runners taking on marathon and ultra marathon distances and despite its strong cushioned exterior, Altra have done a good job in keeping weight down by reducing on areas such as a more streamlined and racy tongue system.
The new engineered mesh upper is designed to secure the foot while providing plenty of breathability for those long days out on the road.
- EgoMax cushioning is responsive and resilient.
- Inner Flex flex grooves system provides additional flexibility and cuts weight for increased performance.
- Foot Shape Toe Box allows the shoe to move with the bones and tendons of the foot.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- FootPod Outsole follows the natural construction of the human foot for a responsive ride, updated to improve flexibility through the gait cycle.
- Engineered Mesh Upper is more breathable and lighter.